Monday, June 6, 2016

CAFF IS NOT A WORD

Spelling mistakes.
Nothing makes me angrier than seeing spelling mistakes in a professional capacity. I understand spelling errors in texts, social emails, notes, etc. However what I cannot accept is spelling errors in books. BOOKS. This happens ALL OF THE TIME. I don't understand. There is someone who is paid to check for this shit. Not to mention spellcheck is available on pretty much every computer since '91. Your job is to edit the book and yet, you have not completed your task. I am not an editor but I found it. YOU HAVE ONE JOB. Pay me. I will do it because clearly you are not doing your job. And then I wonder, would someone get fired over that? Or is it like "well, it's only one...no one will notice..". And I also wonder if someone is just fucking the dog and thinking "no one will read this book, it sucks. I'm just going to say I checked it" Which is pretty insulting to the writer. And I guess the reader because they think you obviously have bad taste. Well I noticed. I would also like to take this oppourtunity to tell any business that makes a product with writing on it TO DOUBLE CHECK. I bought a set of dish towels. They were some french theme with coffee cups and crap on them. I just grabbed them at the store and threw out the receipt because I cannot think of a reason to return tea towels. But alas, I found one. I open these babies up and instead of it saying CAFE on it with cappucinos it says CAFF. What the fuck is CAFF? That's not french. Thats not english. That's an error. So I have these tea towels with the godamn imaginary word CAFF on them. I can't have that in my home. It's against everything I stand for, but it seems stupid to throw them away. SO I have to strategically position them so the word CAFF is not showing. Thankfully no one had noticed but whenever I do see it, I cringe internally.

Note: I apologize if I had any spelling mistakes in the above rant. However, I am not writing this in a professional capacity. Forgive my errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment